Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lobster Lemonade



Okay, so we had such a great afternoon today! Kids in the neighborhood have been having lemonade stands all summer long and the boys have been asking to have one as well for a few weeks and I have been putting it off as I keep forgetting to buy the ingredients needed when food shopping. This morning the kids got up and I said we had to go grocery shopping and they were like "yeah, we can finally get 'emonade.' " How can you say no to 'emonade'!! So we got all of our ingredients and while Thomas napped Christopher and I made brownies and mixed the lemonade. We set up our little stand and woke up Thomas (and anyone who knows him, knows that he needs at least a half hour to wake up after nap, but according to Christopher we had to start right away...so Thomas was in a super mood for a few minutes in the beginning). Even though Thomas wasn't really into it in the beginning, Christopher was in heaven! He was yelling "emonade and brownie stand" at the top of his lungs to anyone who drove or walked by. It took about 10 minutes before anyone came, which was a long wait...but then they started coming and for about an hour the boys had about a customer every couple of minutes...it was so much fun. Christopher charged everyone "3 dollar cents"... the price was actually 25 cents but he was too cute saying "3 dollar cents" that I couldn't correct him. After making 3 batches of lemonade and being out there for well over an hour, we closed up shop. The boys made $14.40...I couldn't believe it. They have decided to put some money into their piggy bank and we're headed to the toy store to get something special with the rest of the money. They're really excited! What a great afternoon!! Oh, the reason we called ourselves Lobster Lemonade was because our neighbor came over and said it's the Lobster boys selling lemonade...we had on our lobster shirts today, so the boys thought that was a really funny name.

No comments: